Whether it's a holiday or just a random Sunday, I love to bake. There's something so soothing and therapeutic about it for me. Since I changed my diet, I haven't been baking as much simply because I like to avoid sugar - but sometimes a gal needs a sweet treat and these do not disappoint. These sweet little nuggets are vegan and free of gluten, grains, and refined sugar and so friggin' delicious! There's also some added protein in there from the chickpeas - it's a win win. The best part? You can swap out the nut butter with whatever you have in the pantry (peanut, almond, sunbutter, etc...) - it's so easy!
Happy baking y'all!
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line one baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a food processor and blend for about a minute until dough is well combined. The dough should be smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, scoop dough into balls and place evenly on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on the cookie size. The tops should be golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of hemp milk - yum!
Do you like to bake?
With love and light xx